Jimmy, a native Texan, grew up in White Oak, Texas, about sixty miles from Shreveport, Louisiana. Jimmy attended Rice University, receiving his B.A. in 1975. Jimmy graduated from University of Houston Law Center, and is a board certified Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Personal Injury Trial Law (1984). Jimmy was asked to be one of the 10 trial lawyers to present the BP Phase I case, which was one of the most gratifying moments in his career. Well respected by his peers as a man of integrity, Jimmy fought with passion and tenacity to root out injustice and to hold society accountable to the highest values of which it is capable.
Jimmy was a baseball enthusiast, coached Little League baseball for almost 20 years. Jimmy was an avid book collector, with an interest in Texas History. When Jimmy wasn’t practicing law, he enjoyed spending time with his wife, Carla, his children, and grandchildren.
University of Houston, Houston, TX
- Juris Doctorate 1978
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Trial Advocacy 1984-1987
- Order of the Barons
- Order of the Barristers
- Texas Board of Legal Certification, Personal Injury Trial Law, Board Certified 1984
- Recertified 1989,1994,1999, 2004 and 2009
- Six children: Thomas, James, Michele, Rees, Elizabeth, and John
- Wife: Carla
- Little League Coach for 15-years
- Member, Rice University Marching Owl Band (1971-1972)
- Texas Super Lawyers 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 (Thompson Reuters)
- Houston’s Top Lawyers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 (H-Texas Magazine)